Monday, May 2, 2011

For some reason, I can't explain... I know St. Peter won't call my name

The other day, I was thinking, if I ever met St. Peter, what would I tell him? I am no scientist, I didn't discover a cure for cancer, I didn't broker a peace agreement between two warring nations, I am just an ordinary person..

Granted, I have gone through less-than-ideal circumstances, what makes me different to anyone else? Does life work in a linear sequence - are we all on the same destination but we just happen to take different roads? Or is everyone's life truly different and the possibilities are endless? Are our lives already mapped up for us, like horoscope readers like us to believe - what ever we do or say, we still will end up in the path of our destiny? Or are we the masters of our destinies?

People we meet too, I truly believe we meet them for a reason... maybe it is to fulfill some emptiness in us, maybe it is a warning sign to guide us in the right way, maybe they serve as advisers to help us in our journey, or maybe they are just there to be there for us when we need them.. Sometimes people come at the right time, but of course, people always do show up when you don't need them too..

Events too, they happen for a reason.. life's experiences seem to serve as one big book of Aesop's fables, to teach you lessons for the future. I don't mean other people's experiences, we all know we never take other people's advise unless it applies to us in some positive way. I mean, our own experiences... I truly believe, we will never learn from our own mistakes unless we go through the experience ourselves.

I know I've not been the perfect person, but I have tried my best to be the best person I can be to the people around me... my intentions may not always be moral or perfect or sane for that matter, but I've always tried to do my best under the circumstances.. I only hope that will be enough when Judgment Day comes around

Viva la Vida - Coldplay

No comments:

Post a Comment