Monday, May 2, 2011

When you're like a single flower whose colours have turned to shades of gray Well hang on, and be strong



Highschool is a terrifying time, full of hormones, stress, and new realizations.. it shouldn't have to be more scary with bullying... I was lucky enough not to be bullied, mostly because I not only kept to a few good friends but also I was able to verbally fight back. But I know of friends who were, and I hope I was there for them when I was. I tried to help them fight back and I know some managed to beat and succeed and become stronger people but alas, there were some that didn't manage to tolerate it either.

One of my best friends at the time, Angela* (name changed for privacy) had an awful time. She was blessed with an angelic face and personality, and a talent for art but unfortunately she was constantly told by her parents "Art will not make you a success in life..." She was also bullied because she was pretty and shy. Eventually she left the school, went abroad and later I found out she ended up with bulimia and bipolar disorder. Now, many years later, I heard recently she has taken up art again and is pursuing her dream.

I guess she is one of the lucky ones. I hope to all those who are bullied, do have faith and things do get better. I only hope you have someone who can support you, whether it be a parent, a sibling, or a friend. Just reach out and you never know who will be there. Or reach out to me, I will be there.

Be strong - Delta Goodrem

No comments:

Post a Comment